The observation of Schoenstatt Link is that there have been huge investments of time and energy in great projects to study our Father and Founder, and deepen our charism, but little work to make these resources available to the Schoenstatt faithful around the world.
Schoenstatt Link hopes to provide APIs for consumption by anyone willing to maintain mobile apps or more developed websites.
This project is just getting started, but won't get very far without establishing a support community of developers. Schoenstatt Link is built in PHP using Zend Framework 3 (now Laminas). The codebase is currently hosted bitbucket, but I would be happy to migrate it to github if a couple are willing to come on board.
Here are a few things on the todo list:
- ✔ Upgrade to ZF3
- ✔ JSON ld renderer
- ✔ Automatic registration and email verification system
- ✔ Comment system
- Integration with other data APIs (wikidata, library thing, etc)
- Online email forwarding system (to allow contacting movement persons without giving away email addresses)
- Full text indexing and search system (integrate the tntsearch library)
- Make REST APIs available for all resources
- Create a data merging system for the different sources of bibliography information
- Allow posting events being hosted by shrines, including mass, adoration and confession times.
- ✔ Automated HTML-Markdown conversion process for Fr. Kentenich texts
Lot's of work to do! Contact us now
- Books (list of Schoenstatt publications)
- Libraries (indexing of Schoenstatt libraries)
- Fr. Kentenich timeline
- Full-text kentenich library
- Shrine database
- Fr. Kentenich dictionary